Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A New Life for an Old Camera

Wow! Look how much time has passed since I've written here. It is amazing to me that a couple...okay, a few years can pass and this blog is still sitting here waiting patiently for a little attention. Well, let's see if I can keep this blogging thing up a little longer this time. 

For this first post to restart the blog I think I'll talk about my old camera. I have a Nikon D100 that I bought new in, I want to say, 2002. It had been a loyal companion for many years but was put on the shelf when my last lens malfunctioned and a newer Canon was available for my use. The transition was not too bad since both devices perform the same basic functions with differing control layout. It probably helped that what I ask from a camera is less than a more dedicated photographer would, thus minimizing the learning curve.

Cathy, my lovely wife, is taking classes in photography at a local college and as an assignment brought home an infrared digital camera, a Nikon D80 comes to mind but I could be miss remembering.  Anyway, I played with that camera producing these photos,






and found that I loved the images produced in this format! 

My Nikon has been sitting around cooling it's heels for at least a year but now it will find a new life. I'm sending it off to have its sensor swapped, get a new appropriate lens and turn it into a infrared camera.

Stay tuned!

No comments: